Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Lesson 13- Online productivity tools

I looked at iGoogle and My Yahoo! for creating a personal webpage. Although I liked some of the features in Yahoo, I chose to create a webpage on iGoogle. I customized my Google browser a couple of days ago and some of that customization transferred to my webpage on iGoogle. I added a countdown feature for the 23 Things deadline on my webpage. I have 14 days left to finish! I'm not sure if I'll keep my iGoogle webpage.

A tool that I saw in this lesson that might be of interest to me is Scrybe. I liked how simple, flexible, and powerful their calendar and to-do features linked together. Currently, they aren't accepting new members though.

I didn't try Backpack, but it looks like it might be of interest in the future.

In the Challenge area, I've used Basecamp through work with Minitex. It has a lot of useful functions that have been used like RSS feeds, an online calendar, an area to share files, and a chat room (though it is limited to 4 users at a time), and other areas to communicate in large or small groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment