Tuesday, April 21, 2009

12. News / information sites

I looked at the Mixx, Digg, Newsvine, and Reddit news sites. I didn't care much for Mixx or Digg. Mixx seemed to have a lot of ads posted as news items, and Digg had too much information though it was organized well. I liked the simpler cleaner interfaces of Reddit and Newsvine. Reddit even had a couple of articles that I found of interest. Newsvine was neat because it had a "Local News" link that displayed articles from the area. Interestingly, there wasn't any news articles on the St. Charles fire though.

I'm not sure if these sites would be useful in a library setting unless it was linked with another information tool or tools. I originally thought that one of these sites might be useful for having current local news but the one place that had a Local news link didn't even have any stories on the current big story!

No comments:

Post a Comment